Share this page:
When conducting our work, we strive to be an example both to the banks we target and to our fellow campaigners. BankTrack therefore commits to adhere to the following Guiding Principles when doing our work:
- Transparency: BankTrack has nothing to hide. We are open and transparent on our internal organisation and our funding sources. When campaigning, we observe a presumption towards transparency on our intentions, plans and targets, unless this jeopardises our chances of success;
- Respect: We operate from the assumption that all individuals we engage with within target banks are honest, sincere and professional, and deserve our respect. Our campaign work is not aimed towards individuals but towards the institutions they represent;
- Integrity: We conduct our work honestly. We keep our commitments, and expect others to do the same. We base our judgements and opinions on facts and reliable sources rather than assumptions and prejudice. Our opinion is never influenced by material rewards or financial ties of any kind;
- Accuracy: We are committed to conducting rigorous research and analysis as a basis for our campaign work, and to providing objective, accurate information to all stakeholders, including the banks we target. We base our campaign work on the best available evidence, but are always receptive to information that challenges this;
- Inclusiveness: We understand that in order to succeed we need to cooperate with others. We are open and cooperative to all our work partners. We are committed to democratic, inclusive decision-making in the campaigns we conduct together with our work partners;
- Equality: We actively ensure that all our internal arrangements equally support all persons involved in BankTrack, regardless of gender, background or physical ability;
- Sustainability: Our own business operations reflect our respect for people and planet. We minimise the social and environmental impact of our work wherever possible, and mitigate or compensate for any unavoidable impact;
- Accountability: We take full responsibility for our actions and the consequences of our actions. We are responsive to concerns of those we work with, and also of those we target in our work; we critically examine our work if complaints or comments are made. We do not consider ourselves infallible but are ready to address mistakes and failures when these are pointed out to us.
Complaint? If you feel that BankTrack does not live up to these Principles and you wish to discuss this with us, please contact Johan Frijns, Director BankTrack at firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: +31 24 3249220.